S4: Guest Speaker - Agenda 21 Barcelona
- Agenda 21 Barcelona:
- Franquesa, T. (2012) Introduction: Barcelona’s Agenda 21. 10 Years of Citizen Commitment to Sustainability. City, Environment and Education. Monograph: p.66-70. PDF
- Barcelona City Council, 2012. Citizen Commitment to Sustainability 2012-2022. Published by: Barcelona City Council. (p. 5-9, p.30-31) PDF
- Summary of the actions proposed by your mates from previous semesters.
See the link at the homepage
- Learn what is "Agenda 21",
- Discover what "Tarpuna Coop" does in relation to it in their activities.
- Learn different sustainable practices that can be done in offices, appartments/houses or in IES Abroad Barcelona facilities and activities.
- See many actions being implemented in Barcelona as part of the Agenda 21 of the city.
Guest Speaker: A member from Tarpuna Coop.
What is Agenda 21?||
Agenda 21 Barcelona|
More on Agenda 21 Barcelona ("Barcelona + Sostenible")
See video on Actions between 2002-2005 in Agenda 21 Barcelona (locally reproduced in class, 15')
- Website: http://www.bcn.cat/agenda21
- Introductory Brochure (from 2009): http://www.sostenibilitatbcn.cat/documents/english/AGENDA21.pdf
- Indicators Data: http://www.sostenibilitatbcn.cat/attachments/article/84/Indicadors21_num18_angles.pdf
- Previous decade:
Future City - Barcelona - 2009 (5')
From Danish Architecture Centre
This film is part of the FUTURE CITY exhibition, shown at the City Hall Square in Copenhagen during COP15, from Dec 7 - Dec 18 2009.
Future City exhibits the sustainable solutions of Barcelona, Copenhagen, Jakarta, Johannesburg, London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, New York City, São Paulo and Toronto. Through their commitment, investments and actions these cities are setting an example with regard to developing and implementing innovative climate solutions in wind, water and solar energy, in waste and recycling, in transport and buildings.
The exhibition hosts the Climate Summit for Mayors where 80 mayors from all over the world meet to show how cities act.
The exhibition is curated and produced by Danish Architecture Centre for the City of Copenhagen.
+ Sustainable City Council Programme - 2013 (12')
From Ecologia Urbana - Ajuntament de Barcelona (Barcelona City Council) - http://www.ajsosteniblebcn.cat/en