S22: Presentations by Students on Current topics
- Students read (and list) their own sources of information for the presentation.
- Discuss by students current topics of interest not covered in the course program.
- Synthetize information on short slides
- Talk clearly to the public
- Participate in an exercise of the wisdom of crowds, scoring your mates' presentations based on a common grading rubric.
"Lightning talk" style (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_talk)
- 4 slides (3 to be shown):
- Title + Author + Topic image
- Challenge (Problem)
- Response (Proposed Solution)
- Sources of information (& further reading)
5 minutes3 minutes
- 1 qüestion
A project of a P2P better economy
By Xavier de Pedro, Ph.D.
1. Challenge: More sustainable Economic & Innovation Network
- Centralized Currency system
- Propietary technology
- Scarcity based economic system, controlled by others
2. Response: FERMAT family of P2P FLOSS apps with blockchain technology
What is the Internet of People?
- The Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link devices worldwide. A network of networks. On top of the Internet lies the Web:
- The World Wide Web (abbreviated “WWW” or “Web”) is an information space where documents and other web resources are identified by Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), interlinked by hypertext links, which can be accessed via the Internet. These documents are served to client applications by a web server.
- The Internet of Things (IoT), is the connection of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as “connected devices” and “smart devices”), buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity, enabling these objects to collect and exchange data.
- The Internet of People (IoP) is a network of networks of people overlayed on top the Internet. Different kinds of profiles are interconnected and each profile type inside the IoP defines a network of people who self-identify with that type of profile. All these interconnected networks form the Internet of People. IoP can be also defined as an information space constrained to a special type of document intended to store a person’s online profile and other associated resources. These documents are interlinked to define public relationships between these profiles.
Sources and further reading:
- Fermat website.
- FERMAT: Proyecto de economía P2P. por Guillem Sorolla Lerma | Abr 27, 2016 | Empresas, Noticias, Noticias Destacadas, Tecnología
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Plans to Impact P2P Economy And Reinvent Mobile Software Development
You performance in this session will count as one of the 5 assignments/popquizes section of this course (20% of the final grade, as indicated in the syllabus).
Your grade this time will come as the average of this two scores:
1) You will be scored by your class mates during the presentation, using the grading rubric indicated here:
The average of the scores you receive here will the score of this first part.
2) You will be scored by the professor on the fairness of your scoring to your class mates in their oral presentations.
This way you are all expected to be encouraged enough to stay awake and responsive to the work of all your course mates, plus feel a little bit more the wisdom of the crowds (hopefully).